martes, 22 de septiembre de 2009

Hobbies

Hello everyone, the topic of this task is: Hobbies, things that you like to do, that you really enjoy to do. For me it isn`t a very easy topic to talk about, because thinking about the things that I like to do, I don`t do it all the time. For example I really enjoy going to the cinema, but the last time that I saw a movie at the cinema was I dont know 4 months ago?
So thinking and thinking I`ve decided that my hobby is watching movies, not only at the cinema however at home on a dvd or on cable.
This hobby doesn`t cost a lot of money, because you can watch it on tv, or download a movie from the internet, and if you agree with the idea you can buy a “pirated movie” on dvd on the street. And if you are really an addict of watching movies it can take a lot of time, because a movie ussually lasts an hour and half so if you watch two movies in a row you will be in front of the tv about three hours.
I enjoy this particular hobby because watching movies I can connect with the feelings of the characters, also you learn a lot in a movies about the time period, and you can laugh a lot if you watch a comedy.
I usually watch movies alone, when I go to bed I turn on the tv and look for an interesting movie, but when I go to the cinema I go with others, like my sister or my boyfriend.
I`ve been doing this hobby all my life I think, I changed the cartoons for movies.
Well, talking about hobbies, I would like to do a new hobby and that is play tennis, I know that tennis is a sport, but if you practise for fun I think that it can be a hobby too.

1 comentario:

  1. Good response Daniela,

    I definately like watching movies too, but I can´t say I would like to strart playing tennis. IT looks like a lot of fun, and great exercise, but I don´t think I would be very good at it. I like watching Fernando Gonzalez, though.


    Anyway, here are some grammar comments:

    --"things that I like to do, I don´t do it all the time..." The IT shuold be THEM, for things.

    --"a movies" shouldn´t have the "a" because movies is plural.

    --"I usually watch movies alone, when I go to bed....". "when I go..." is the beginning of a new sentence, so there should be a period before "when." If that doesn´t make sense, ask me in class.

    --"...tennis, I know..." This too needs a period after "tennis" for teh same reason. If you start with a new subject and a new verb (new idea), you can´t just use a comma.

    Take care

    Joe

    ResponderEliminar